Design Development Consultants
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANTS AT T-BONE CONSTRUCTION
T-Bone Construction is a true Design/Build Company that has its own in-house Design Development Consultant department. The Design Development Consultants consist of a diverse group of creative, experienced, and dedicated Architects and Design Professionals.
We use the principles of the Design/ Build process, which bring together the client, architects and engineers, construction experts, and estimators into one team. The members of the team all work together from the beginning of the project toward the common goal of achieving the best possible solution for the design and construction of the project. We bring years of experience to this project delivery method, and welcome the opportunity to discuss the benefits for your next project.
- Our Project Team has won awards for our project designs. Additionally, we take pride in our long list of satisfied clients who continue to request our services. One of the main reasons for this repeat business is due to our innovative designs which create the most sensible building solutions for their projects.
- We have developed successful relationships with a variety of Engineers and Consultants, who provide clients with qualified, professional teams that are hand-picked for each individual project’s scope.
- Our Design Team is knowledgeable in the design and construction of a wide variety of project market sectors and are skilled with solving the challenges within project budgets. The Design/Build process we engage allows for direct interaction between design, estimating and construction. This early interaction facilitates the development of the best and most cost-effective approaches early in the design process and enables the team to avoid expensive delays that happen when a budget problem is discovered after the drawings are complete. Our success rests with our ability to be creative and in our desire to work together to solve challenges.
- Our Project Team has a significant history in sustainable design. Our expertise allows us to guide the design process to achieve your project goals, and to do so in the most strategic and cost appropriate way possible.
- The reputation of our team, and our commitment to the success of all aspects of a project can be substantiated by numerous client references. We urge you to contact them and see for yourself what our team can offer you on your next project
James A. Childs
Jim’s professional experience spans over 38 years. His background includes comprehensive involvement in total project processes including conceptual, schematic, design, construction documents and construction administration. He possesses a natural ability to communicate with owners and users of complex projects that demand sensitivity and foresight. As a respected senior leader for T-Bone Construction, Jim has built many valued and long-lasting relationships that have helped build our company. Jim is a Licensed Architect in Colorado, Wyoming, and Missouri. His experience with public and private sector projects, commercial work, courthouses, and corporate headquarters for city, county, state, private, and federal agencies are among the many projects in his broad portfolio. Jim is uniquely adept at dealing with extensive programmatic requirements, coordinating large teams, complex regulatory and approval processes, and the full range of project production and delivery methods necessary to meet the needs of the most demanding projects. Aside from his extensive work for T-Bone Construction, he loves to spend time with his family and grandkids. Golf is a passion of his when time allows.
NCARB – National Council of Registration Boards
AIA – American Institute of Architects
Darin has 28 years of experience specializing in Commercial, Military, Educational, Office, Gaming, and Residential design and construction administration, which make Darin a major asset for T-Bone Construction. As our Senior Project Architect, he oversees the design and production of construction documents for a wide range of projects. Darin possesses technical and computer skills including advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft, Adobe, Sketch-Up, and Revit which he uses to bring his designs to a new level of precision. He is thorough in his work and is willing and capable of tackling all types of architectural challenges. In addition to his professional work ethic, he also has the ability to diplomatically communicate with clients. He is one of T-Bones Construction’s strongest resources. In his extra time, Darin enjoys coaching his daughter’s softball team and traveling with family to tournaments.
Professional Credentials & Affiliations
Colorado Architectural License
Construction Specifications Institute – Certified Document Technologist (CDT)
American Institution of Architects Membership – AIA
Chapter President of Construction Specifications Institute 2008-2009
Design Project Manager
Jane brings a wide range of 2D, 3D, and animation skills to our design team. She has a background in commercial interiors, primarily for government, military, and education projects. Jane also brings a lively smile and lots of laughter to our team. Along with some plants to make us all feel at home when we visit her office. In her spare time, she teaches 3D Studio Max, manual drafting, and hand rendering at Pikes Peak Community College.
BA in Visual Art
MA in Interior Design
Gloria is a member of the Architectural Design Team who uses her formidable Revit skills to provide 3-dimensional models and 2-dimensional construction documents for the projects she takes part in. She assists in the streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects and has taken the lead in organizing components of construction administration.